Was Landlord Responsible for Lead Paint Injuries?
LVT Number: #24830
Former tenant sued upstate landlord in 2008 for injuries from exposure to lead-based paint on apartment walls while she was a child. In 1991, when tenant was 2 years old, blood tests showed a high level of lead. At the time, health department inspection showed that the apartment and house were in poor condition with a great deal of peeling paint and plaster and wallpaper in and around the premises. The health department notified landlord, who covered the existing paint with lead-free paint. The health department approved the repairs.