Tenant's Child Killed by Tipping Stove After Faulty Installation
LVT Number: #24836
Tenant sued landlord's contractor after her child was killed when a new stove installed by the contractor tipped over. Tenant also sought damages for her other child, who witnessed the event. Tenant's parental rights to the surviving child later were terminated, and she sought to amend her court papers to add the child's adoptive parents as plaintiffs. The court dismissed tenant's claim relating to the deceased child as untimely and ruled in part for the contractor. Both sides appealed.